“To Travel is to Live” – Hans Christian Andersen
Travelling is fun and adventurous. A necessary addition to one’s lifestyle! Change of scenery is important. We need time off the busy schedules, 8-5 jobs, chores, etc.
Here are a few ideas on places you can go to for a vacation, baecation, relaxation, honeymoon, etc.
- Maldives, officially the Republic of Maldives with the capital as Malé, is an Asian country, located in the Indian Ocean, situated in the Arabian Sea. It has unique geography and topography. It’s known for its beaches, blue lagoons and extensive reefs. Things to do there include: Snorkeling, Water flying, Fun tubing, Parasailing, Diving, Surfing, etc.
Photo credit: @lyza.appiah https://www.instagram.com/lyza.appiah/?hl=en
- Paris a.k.a The City of Love, France’s capital, is a major European city and a global center for art, fashion, gastronomy and culture. Beyond such landmarks as the Eiffel Tower and the 12th-century, Gothic Notre-Dame cathedral, the city is known for its cafe culture and designer boutiques. Fun things to do there include: visit Paris catacombs, Night cruising, Vintage car touring, visit Disney Land, Tour of Versailles, Carbaret show at Moulin Rouge, etc.
- São Tomé a.k.a Africa’s Eden is the capital and largest city of São Tomé and Príncipe. Its name is Portuguese for “Saint Thomas”, an African island nation close to the equator, is part of a volcano chain featuring striking rock and coral formations, rainforests and beaches. One of Africa’s least visited countries. Interesting things to do include: Beach hop, marvel at nature’s wonders, feast on top-quality chocolate, Ocean pursuit, etc.
- Venice, the capital of northern Italy’s Veneto region, is built on more than 100 small islands in a lagoon in the Adriatic Sea. It has no roads, just canals – including the Grand Canal thoroughfare – lined with Renaissance and Gothic palaces. Venice has been known as the “La Dominante”, “City of Water”, “City of Bridges”, “The Floating City”, “City of Canals”, etc. Places to visit include: St. Mark’s Basilica, St. Mark’s Square, Canale Grande, Ponte di Rialto, Gallerie dell’Accademia ,Bridge of Sighs, San Giorgio Maggiore, etc.
- Unguja, also known as Zanzibar Island, is the main island in the Tanzanian archipelago of Zanzibar. It is a beautiful island filled with culture, not to mention its stunning beaches. Things to do: Spend the day in Stone Town, Head to Jozani Forest, Catch some sun at Nungwi beach, Visit Prison Island, Spice Touring, Palace Museum Tour, etc.
Update your 2019 resolutions if it doesn’t include travelling. Travel and see! There is a whole lot to see beyond where you live.
“Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” – Dalai Lama ga
*Bon Voyage – used to express good wishes to someone about to set off on a journey